- 10 x Fresh green and/or possibly red jalapeno peppers, 2 1/2 - 3 in long
- 1 c. Shredded cheddar cheese, (8 ounce.)
- 4 ounce Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp Dry Italian Seasoning
- 1 x Large eggs
- 1/8 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Flour, for dredging
- 1/2 c. Seasoned bread crumbs, or possibly more
- Set aside. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes*. When removing the stem, be sure to leave tops intact as to create a bowl.
- Stir together cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and Italian seasoning in a medium mixing bowl! Spoon some of the cheese mix into each pepper half, slightly mounding it. Beat together Large eggs and lowfat milk in a small mixing bowl.
- Dip each pepper into flour mix, then dip each pepper into egg mix and roll in bread crumbs! Shake off crumbs, then dip in egg and bread crumbs one more time. Place pepper halves, filled side up, on a large baking sheet covered with foil. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min or possibly until tender and heated through. Serve with guacamole or possibly lowfat sour cream if you like.
- Makes 20 poppers. If you should decide to deep fry, make sure poppers are well chilled so the cheese doesn't ooze all over your fryer.
- NOTES : These are very good! The "batter" using the bread crumbs is a bit messy. Use a fork to spear peppers and dredge though the egg, flour and bread crumbs accordingly. Also can be made a day ahead.
Leave a review or comment