Italian Winter-Warmer Chicken Casserole
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup Lite Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whole black olives
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp Tarragon Leaves
- Natural Sea Salt, freshly ground
- Whole Black Peppercorns, freshly ground
- Italian parsley & Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and brown the chicken pieces. Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a casserole dish. Add the onion and Garlic Granules to the pan and cook until the onion is soft. Add to the casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix the carrots, red wine, Lite Tomato Sauce, chicken stock, olives, Italian Herbs, Rubbed Tarragon and freshly ground Natural Sea Salt and Whole Black Peppercorns.
- Pour over the chicken and cover.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Serve on cooked pasta, rice or mashed potatoes and garnish with Italian parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Leave a review or comment