Italian Sausage And Peppers In Tomato Sauce
- 2 lb warm and mild Italian sausage
- 3 lrg green bell peppers
- 1 lrg red bell pepper
- 1 lrg gold bell pepper
- 1/2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 x clove garlic, chopped
- 4 lb jar ragu spaghetti sauce salt and pepper to taste oregano to taste
- 3 Tbsp. chopped dry onion
- Remove the casings from the sausages. In a Dutch oven brown the sausages, then slice the sausages into 1/4" slices. Add in the Ragu sauce to the pot. Remove the stems and seeds from the bell peppers.
- Cook the peppers for 10 min on high setting in the microwave or possibly you can just add in the peppers to the pot if you plan on letting the mix simmer for awhile before serving. Add in mushrooms, peppers, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Heat the mix over low heat and simmer as long as you can. About 15 min before serving, heat a large pot of water to boiling and cook your choice of pasta, preferably a large size pasta or possibly macaroni to al dente. When ready to serve, add in the cooked and liquid removed pasta to the sausage and pepper mix and This is a great way to have sausage and peppers during the winter when the peppers are more expensive than in the summer, since it takes a fewer number than "Italian Sausage With Green Peppers And Mushrooms".
Leave a review or comment