Instant Pot Chicken AdoboPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Marsha Powell5 recipes>
Here's another recipe for the Instant Pot. This kitchen appliance has been a lifesaver for me. This recipe is so good. It's chicken marinated in an adobo sauce and then cooked in the instant pot.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Marinate the chicken
- Mix the vinegar, water, soy sauce and pepper in a cup to make Adobo marinade.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and pour Adobo marinade over it. Add garlic cloves and bay leaves to the bowl. Marinate the chicken in refrigerator overnight (or for 20 minutes on the counter).
- Brown the chicken (optional)
- Put the Instant Pot on a Saute setting. Add the oil in the Instant Pot. Take the chicken pieces out of the sauce and saute right in the Instant Pot in batches until the chicken is just browned (2 minutes per side).
- Cook the chicken
- Add browned chicken, Adobo sauce, garlic and bay leaves to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to Sealing position.
- Press the "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" button and set the time for 15 minutes on High Pressure. When it's done cooking, do the Quick Release (QR) of the steam.
- Reduce the sauce (optional)
- Remove the chicken from the pot and switch the Instant Pot to a Saute mode. Cook the Adobo sauce for 5 minutes, or until it's thickened and reduced to a desired consistency. Spoon some sauce over the chicken.
Leave a review or comment