Ingrid's Spinach And Cheese Blintz
- 4 c. Frzn spinach
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or possibly extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. Scallions, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 c. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 c. Mozzarella, grated Salt and pepper
- Completely defrost the spinach and squeeze out any excess liquid. Add in the butter or possibly extra virgin olive oil to a skillet and saute/fry the scallions about 2 min.
- Add in the spinach and continue to cook about 5 min longer. Add in the sesame oil, cheddar, and mozzarella, folding the spinach over the cheese till it melts. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the filling from the pan and cold before stuffing your blintz crepes.
- If you chill the mix, it is best to bring the spinach to room temperature, and drain again before stuffing or possibly your blintzes will be soggy.
Leave a review or comment