Indian Style Stuffed Baked Potatoes With Bell
- 3 x Bell peppers -- red
- 1/2 c. Tomato-vegetable juice or possibly Water
- 1/4 c. Cashew nuts, minced -- Pan- Toasted
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper Salt to taste POTATOES AND VEGETABLES-----
- 4 med Potatoes -- baking
- 4 x Carrots -- scrubbed and Sliced
- 1/4 x " thick
- 2 x Zucchini -- halved and Sliced
- 1/2 x " thick
- 3 x Bell peppers, yellow -- Seeded And cut lengthwise in Strips Drizzle of oil or possibly extra virgin olive oil Spray
- 1/2 c. Cilantro -- minced
- 2/3 c. Yogurt -- nonfat or possibly Soycheese
- 1 tsp Jalapeno peppers -- chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional) Black mustard seeds for Garnish (optional)
- Chutney: Combine chutney ingredients in a food processor and puree till smooth. Set aside.
- Potatoes and Vegetables: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick potatoes and bake for 1 hour. Place carrots, zucchini and bell peppers on nonstick baking trays or possibly trays lined with parchment. Drizzle or possibly spray with oil and toss to cover. Bake vegetables about 45 min, turning once, till tender and browned.
- Remove baked potatoes from oven and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out flesh into a bowl, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick potato shell. Mash potato flesh, then fold in cilantro, yogurt or possibly soy cheese, jalapenos and salt if you like.
- Spoon potato mix into shells and return to oven for about 15 min to reheat. Top with roasted vegetables and drizzle with chutney and a sprinkle of mustard seeds if you like. Serve 2 potato halves per person.
- Serves 4.
Leave a review or comment