Imitation Crab And Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/3 c. Minced onion
- 3 c. Imitation crab flakes or possibly bite-size chunks
- 1 can Minced green chiles, liquid removed, (4 ounce.)
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 2 1/4 c. Lowfat milk or possibly half and half
- 2 Tbsp. Minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1 1/4 c. Shredded Jack cheese
- 8 x Flour tortillas, (6-inch) Sliced avocado and black olives, (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in skillet. Add in onions and cook 3 min. Stir in crab and green chiles. In another pan heat remaining butter. Add in flour.
- Stir in lowfat milk all at once. Add in cilantro, salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat till mix thickens and bubbles. Stir in lowfat sour cream and 1/2 c. Jack cheese till melted. Remove from heat. Stir remain- ing 1 c. cheese and cheese sauce mix into crab mix. Spoon 2 Tbsp. cheese sauce into bottom of 12 x 7-inch or possibly 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Fill flour tortillas with crab filling. Place filled tortillas seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining cheese sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining 1 c. cheese over all. Bake at 350 degrees about 30 min or possibly till warm and bubbly. Serve at once garnished with avocado and olives if you like.
- Makes 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment