Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
- Makes 12 to 16 servings
- 1 c. walnuts, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, minced
- 1 c. chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 x (13-oz) can regular or possibly fat-free evaporated lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 36 x chocolate chip cookies (homemade using a (6-oz) package of chips or possibly purchased), broken into small pcs
- 1/2 gal regular or possibly low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened (divided)
- To make nut layer: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8 inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine walnuts, margarine and brown sugar; place in pan. Bake for 8 min.
- Remove from oven; stir well and cold.
- To make chocolate sauce: Place minced chocolate, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, margarine and evaporated lowfat milk in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat till chocolate is melted; turn heat to low, simmer till thickened, 5 - 10 min; stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cold completely.
- To assemble: Place a third of cookie pcs in a 10 inch spring form pan. Top with half of the ice cream and half the chocolate sauce. Mix remaining cookie pcs with walnuts, then spread half of this cookie mix over chocolate sauce; repeat layers of ice cream, chocolate sauce (reserving 2 Tbsp.) and cookies. Drizzle the reserved chocolate sauce over top layer of cookies.
- Freeze till hard. To serve, let stand at room temperature 20 min; cut into slices.
Leave a review or comment