How To Make Yogurt In Microwave
- 1 quart Lowfat milk, low fat
- 2 Tbsp. Nonfat dry lowfat milk pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. Yogurt Starter Or possibly, dry culture Plain yogurt, room temp
- Combine lowfat milk and nonfat dry lowfat milk in a large deep bowl. Heat 12 min at FULL POWER or possibly to boiling. Cold to 115F; monitor temperature with a microwave thermometer. Combine starter with about 1/2 c. cooled lowfat milk; mix lightly till smooth. Add in lowfat milk mix to remaining lowfat milk, mixing till well blended. Pour into warmed, large deep bowl. Place temperature probe into lowfat milk; cover with plastic wrap. Insert probe into oven. To incubate, heat to 113F on FULL POWER; hold at which temperature 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 hrs. (Reset timer as needed) Chill. Yogurt will continue to thicken as it chills.
- Makes about 4 c..
- NOTE: Drain liquid from yogurt afterchilled. Yogurt will become thin if liquid is stirred in.
Leave a review or comment