How about Baked broccoli-cheddar rice dishPrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
There are many recipes of this kind in many books as well as on the internet. It is difficult to say where this dish started but it is served many ways and very often. it is quick, good and a delight to serve. I tried using different vegetables, but broccoli seems to go best with cheese and rice. One can use other toppings, such as Mushroom soup etc.
- 1 1/2 C. Instant rice ( cooked)
- 1 bag ( 10 oz.) frozen broccoli ( thawed)
- 2 eggs ( beaten)
- 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 1 C. cream of mushroom soup
- 4 T. Ranch Dressing
- 1 C. grated cheddar cheese( use only half and save rest for top)
- 1/2 C. grated provolone cheese(or your favorite)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Place rice in bowl.
- 2. Fold in the remaining ingredients and be sure they are mixed well.
- 3. Grease muffing pans, and place the cheddar-cheese rice in each tray. ( do not over fill)
- 4. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until somewhat golden and crisp on top.
Leave a review or comment