Hotdog Sausage RollsPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 18by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
These turned out a slightly different shape to how I wanted but they taste good and still look alright...I guess! These are a little fiddly to make so wrap half of the pastry and leave in the fridge whilst you make one batch, to avoid letting the rest of the pastry from getting too soft! http://hungryjenny.blogspot.com/2010/09/friday-pie-day-hotdog-sausage-rolls.html
- 6 pork sausages, skinned
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500g puff pastry
- Mix the sausagemeat, celery, onion and herbs in a large bowl.
- Roll out the pastry onto a floured surface into a long rectangle. Cut into 6 strips (roughly 3 x 12").
- Spoon a thin strip of the filling along the middle of each strip.
- Brush the egg on one side of the strip, then fold the pastry over to seal. Prick with a fork, brush with the top with egg, then cut each rolled strip into 3 or 4 rolls.
- Bake at 220 degrees C for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180 degrees C to bake for another 15 minutes.
Leave a review or comment