Honey Roasted Lamb With Arugula And Pine Nut Salad
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 x rack lamb - (1 1/2 lbs) trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 c. pine nuts lightly toasted Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 6 c. arugula - (abt 4 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine honey, 1 Tbsp. oil, and thyme in heavy small saucepan. Stir over low heat till just hot. Remove from heat. Pour 2/3 of honey mix into small bowl.
- Place lamb on rack set in roasting pan; brush with half of honey mix from bowl. Roast lamb 12 min; brush with remaining honey mix from bowl. Continue to roast till instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125 degrees for medium-rare, about 10 min. Transfer lamb to cutting board.
- Meanwhile, add in vinegar, 1 Tbsp. water, and remaining 3 Tbsp. oil to honey mix in saucepan. Stir over low heat till just hot. Fold in nuts; throw away thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut lamb between ribs into chops. Divide arugula among plates. Top each serving with lamb chops. Drizzle hot dressing over and serve hot.
- This recipe yields 4 first-course or possibly 2 main-course servings.
- Comments: Here, lamb chops are presented atop a salad which was inspired by the flavors of Sardinia. A perfect first course or possibly a light main course.
Leave a review or comment