Honey Roasted ChickenPrep: 1 hours Cook: 1 hours Servings: 1by Christine104 recipes>
A recipe from old magazine that turned out fabulous.
- To marinate the chicken:
- 1 Whole chicken, cleaned.
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Fresh Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Bulb of garlic, mashed.
- For the sauce:
- 1 Sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbs Margarine
- 5 tbs Honey
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 3 tbs Tomato sauce
- 2 tbs Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs Sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 400ml Water
- Pierce the whole chicken with a fork so all the seasoning and sauce can be well absorbed.
- Cover the whole chicken with salt, fresh lemon juice and mashed garlic. Marinate for about 1 hour.
- Pour all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Lightly mix with a spoon/fork, set aside for later use.
- To start cooking the marinated chicken, sautÃ© the chopped onion with the margarine in a large wok until fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken onto the sautÃ©ed onion and margarine. Cook until the chicken's colour changes.
- Pour the sauce mix onto the chicken. Then add in the water. Gently mix until the whole chicken is covered with the sauce.
- Cook the chicken until the sauce is slightly caramelized and there is only about 50ml sauce left. Then transfer the chicken into a baking pan.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes until all the meat is all cooked through and the chicken is nicely browned, but not too burnt. Brush the whole chicken with the 50ml extra sauce, few times in every 10 minutes while roasting it.
- Serve hot with fried/baked potato or steamed rice.
Leave a review or comment