Honey-Orange ChickenPrep: 45 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Honey-Orange Chicken is a delicious Japanese style option for barbecued chicken drumsticks. Honey, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper, soy sauce and sesame seeds combined together for a spicy syrupy coating for this delicious Oriental style chicken cooked in the slow cooker and also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low sodium, low carbohydrates, diabetic friendly, gluten-free, Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce (See Note**).
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 12 medium size chicken drumsticks (3 to 3-1/2 lbs), skin removed (See Tip*)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine honey, orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce (or tamari), garlic, ginger, vinegar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
- Coat a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add in drumsticks, pour in the sauce and mix to coat. Cover and cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 165° F. when inserted into the thickest part of the meat without touching bone, 2 to 3 hours on HIGH or 4 hours on LOW.
- Transfer the drumsticks to a bowl. Very carefully pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a medium size skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the sauce over the drumsticks; stir to coat. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Leave a review or comment