Honey Mustard And Red Onion Barbecued Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 x red onion minced
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. prepared honey mustard (Honey C. brand recommended)
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp curry pwdr
- 4 piece boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 x boneless skinless chicken thighs Vegetable oil for drizzling Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill pan or possibly griddle over medium-high heat.
- Pour 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add in red onions and saute/fry 3 to 5 min. Add in vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 min. Add in brown sugar and cook 1 minute to incorporate. Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Coat chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste. Place chicken on warm grill and cook 4 or possibly 5 min, then turn. Baste chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 5 min. Turn once again and baste. Cook 2 or possibly 3 min more to cook through and transfer chicken to a platter and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment