HomeTown Carrot CakePrep: 25 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 12by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
This cake is very traditional and easy to make. The difference being that I prepare the cake to my liking. Many have said it has great texture, taste, refreshing and appeal. What you need: 10 inch greased, floured Tube Pan Oven at 350 degrees
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oil ( or mix half oil and butter flavored shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup lemon flavored yogurt
- 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts ( orpecans)
- In bowl, mix together eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased, floured Tube Pan
- Bake for at least 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan.
- Let cool.
- Blend 2 3oz. pkgs cream cheese with 1 cup butter; 1 lb. confectioners' sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Spread on cake when somewhat cooled.
- For drizzle glaze:
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon flavoring
- 1 tsp. frozen orange concentrate
Leave a review or comment