Homestyle Pichi-pichiPrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is one of my favorite Filipino delicacies! If you cook it just right, you could feel it melting in your mouth!
- 2 cups grated cassava or 1 package (16 oz) frozen grated cassava
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 drops pandan essence
- 1 tsp lye water (lihiya)
- grated coconut for topping
- Combine grated cassava, sugar, water and pandan essence.
- Add lye water (lihiya) while mixing.
- Pour into individual molds. (Tart molds or kutsinta molds)
- Steam for 40 minutes or until the mixture becomes translucent.
- Remove from the steamer and let the temperature cools down.
- Remove from molds and roll over the grated coconut.
Leave a review or comment