Homemade PelmeniPrep: 45 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
Unlike Oleg's store-bought, no-good, cheater recipe, this is the real thing. You gotta taste it to believe it!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- garlic to taste
- To make the dough, combine the flour, eggs, water and 1/2 tsp. salt. Knead mixture. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef, ground pork, onions, 1 tsp. salt, pepper and garlic together.
- Cut the dough into three equally sized pieces and roll each one into a cylinder the diameter of a finger. Cut each cylinder into pieces the size of a walnut, then roll each piece into a very thin flat cake with a diameter of about 2 inches.
- Put some of the ground meat mixture in the center of each flat cake (quite a lot, but not so much that you can't then seal up the dough). Then fold the dough in half and join up the edges to seal them. Pinch the corners together: you should now have a ravioli-shaped "flying saucer."
- Boil the pelmeni in salted water for seven minutes, or until they float to the surface.
- Serve in soup bowls. I like to offer three dipping sauces: sour cream, creamy horseradish, and white wine vinegar. YUMMMMM!
Leave a review or comment