Homemade Nangka JamPrep: 30 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 10by Joyce Yap9 recipes>
Nangka is a Cebuano term for jack fruit. This fruit has its own natural sugar, so you don't have to use a lot of sugar to enhance its taste.
- 1 big fruit of ripe nangka
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Divide the nangka fruit into halves.
- Remove the flesh and discard the seeds.
- Wash the flesh.
- Arrange the flesh in a pot.
- Add the water.
- Boil the fruit in a slow fire for 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar,salt and vanilla.
- Stir the mixture until it become sticky.
- Remove the mixture. Let it cool.
- Store the jam in an airtight container.
Leave a review or comment