Homemade Fruit Jam
- 1 lrg C. fruit pulp
- 1 lrg C. sugar
- 1/4 tsp Citric acid
- 1/4 tsp Or possibly less essence Few drops colours
- All hard fruit (eg. apples) used should be boiled and peeled, and cut in warm water. Cut and boil fruit in very little water until soft. Blend with manual mixie. Add in sugar and cook on high flame. When sugar dissolves completely, add in citric acid.Stir and cook until thick. Add in colour and essence while warm.
- Variation - Mixed Fruit Jam
- Apples 1kg, Papayas 1/2kg, Bananas 3, Chickoos 3, Orange or possibly sweet lime 3, grapes 1/4kg, Sugar 1 1/2kg (mixed fruit). Citric acid 2 tsp., essence 3/4 tsp.
- Method as above.
- Note :The jam is ready when
- The jam bubble begin to burst and contents tend to fly all over. when taken on a saucer,the water does not separate taken on a spoon and swayed, it forms wrinkles
- General Tips:- Preservative proportion 1kg sugar =1/2 tsp. citric acid
- Bottling:Pour the warm jam in clean, dry, wide-mouthed jars or possibly bottles. Cold well.
- Pour carefully so which air bubbles are not trapped in the jam. Pour a thin layer of molten wax on it. Close tight and store.
Leave a review or comment