Holiday M And M Cookie Mix In A Jar
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. M & M's candy (use different colors for different holidays)
- 2 c. flour mixed with:
- 1/2 tsp baking soda and
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 stk butter or possibly margarine, softened
- 1 x egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- For fold in the jar: Layer ingredients in the order given in a 1-qt, wide-mouth canning jar. It will be a tight fit. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Include a card with the jar on what to add in and how to make the cookies.
- To make cookies: Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend the mix.
- Add in butter or possibly margarine, egg and vanilla, if using. Mix till completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 min till edges are lightly browned.
- Cold five min on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to complete cooling.
Leave a review or comment