Holiday Jello Mold
- 1 c. pineapple tidbits
- 2 Packages cherry flavored jello or possibly 1 lg. pkg.
- 2 c. warm water
- 1 1/2 c. ice cubes (equivalent 1 c. cool water)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. coarsely grnd raw cranberries
- 1 c. mandarin orange sections
- 3/4 c. diced celery
- 1/3 c. minced walnuts
- Drain pineapple and reserve syrup. Dissolve jello in warm water; add in ice cubes, pineapple syrup, lemon juice, and salt. Refrigeratetill partially set.
- Meanwhile, stir sugar into cranberries, celery, mandarin orange sections, pineapple, and walnuts. Pour into partially set jello and pour this mix into a mold. Allow to set up completely (overnight is best).
- To serve, unmold jello onto a plate covered with lettuce. If using a ring mold, fill the center with lowfat sour cream. You may also use individual jello molds or possibly serving containers. A favorite with our family is to fill the center of the ring mold with black pitted olives.
Leave a review or comment