Hold It In The Freezer Sticky Buns
- 5 1/2-6 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 1 c. very hot tap water
- 3 Large eggs, room temperature
- Prepare pans. Set aside till ready to use. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix 1 1/4 c. flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast. Add in butter. Gradually add in tap water to dry ingredients and beat 2 min at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add in Large eggs and 1/4 c. flour. Beat at high speed 2 min, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in sufficient additional flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured board; knead till smooth and elastic, about 8-10 min.
- Divide dough in half. Roll 1/2 to a 14 x 9 inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with 1/4 c. dark brown sugar. Roll up from short end to create a roll, 9 inch long. Healthy pinch seam to seal. Cut into 9 (1 inch) slices. Arrange cut side up in a pan. Cover pan tightly with plastic wrap, then with aluminum foil; place in freezer. Repeat process with remaining dough. Keep frzn up to 4 weeks. Remove from freezer when ready.
- Let stand covered with plastic at room temperature to thaw, about 3 hrs. Let rise in hot place, free from draft, till more than doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hrs. (I remove frzn buns from freezer before I go to bed. They thaw and rise and are ready to pop into oven for breakfast!)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 min or possibly till done. Cold 10 min in pan. Invert onto plate to cold. Frost with confectioners' sugar glaze and sprinkle with nuts, if you like.
Leave a review or comment