Herbed Zucchini Quiche
- 1 x Basic Easy Crust see * Note
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 med Yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Minced fresh rosemary
- 6 x Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1/3 c. Heavy cream Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 3 med Green zucchini thinly sliced
- Prepare the "Basic Easy Crust." Roll out three quarters of the dough to 1/8-inch thickness, then wrap the remaining quarter of the dough for another use.
- Place the dough in a deep 9-inch pie dish and trim it so there is 1/2-inch of excess around the edge.
- Poke the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. Form an attractive edge around the dish by pinching the overhanging dough between your fingers.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 min. Remove and allow to cold.
- Heat a large frying pan and add in the oil, garlic and onion. Saute/fry till the onion is clear.
- Add in the herbs and cook a couple of min more. Allow to cold. Beat the Large eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat in the lowfat sour cream, heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place some of the egg mix in the bottom of the prebaked pie shell. Add in a layer of the onion mix and a layer of sliced zucchini. Continue layering, finishing with the egg mix.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 min, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees for 15 to 20 min till quiche is set.
- Remove and allow to cold a bit before cutting.
- This recipe serves 6.
- Comments: I love quiche and it is really very useful to the contemporary household cook. You can use this dish for entertaining or possibly for a quick meal for your family.
Leave a review or comment