Herbed Tomato Sauce for Chicken or Veal ParmigianaPrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Micheline120 recipes>
You will love this homemade Herbed tomato sauce. I serve it on top of veal or chicken cutlets and spaghettini or spaghetti. You can also freeze it and have it on hand when you have company.
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 medium thinly sliced onion
- 4 ozs fresh sliced mushrooms (or canned mushrooms)
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes (or canned tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tbsps fresh basil (or 2 tsps dried)
- 2 tbsps fresh thyme (or 2 tsps dried)
- 1 tbsps fresh oregano (or 1 tsps dried)
- 1 tbsp instant chicken or beef broth or bouillon
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 cup red wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken or veal breaded cutlets, cooked
- 1 lb cooked spaghettini or spaghetti.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and oil until the butter is melted.
- Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook slightly until soft and tender but not too browned.
- In a food processor, stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, thyme, sugar, oregano, chicken or beef broth, parmesan cheese or bouillon, water, red wine, salt, pepper . Add the cooked onions, garlic and mushrooms and process until you obtain a thick pulp. Pour the pulp in a large saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook your breaded veal or chicken cutlets in a skillet with oil and cook your spaghettini or spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water until done. Serve the sauce on top of the meat and pasta. VoilÃ ! Chicken or Veal Parmigiana.
Leave a review or comment