Herbed Lamb Kebabs With Yogurt Sauce
- a 3/4 lb. piece of boneless lamb trimmed shoulder
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme crumbled
- 1/4 tsp crumbled dry rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano crumbled
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil eight 8-inch wooden skewers soaked in water for 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- Cut the lamb shoulder across the grain in thin slices with a sharp knife, flatten the slices between sheets of plastic wrap till they are 1/8 inch thick, and cut them into 1-inch-wide strips.
- In a saucepan whisk together the lemon juice, the thyme, the rosemary, the
- oregano, the pepper, and the salt, add in the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the marinate till it is emulsified. Add in the lamb strips, stir the mix to coat the strips well with the marinade, and thread them onto the skewers, reserving the remaining marinade. Arrange the kebabs on the rack of a broiling pan, broil them under a preheated broiler about 3 inches from the heat, turning them once, for 6 min, and transfer them to a plate. Transfer 2 Tbsp. of the juice from the broiler pan to the reserved marinade and bring the mix to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in the yogurt and salt and pepper to taste, and spoon
- the sauce over the kebabs.
- Serves 2.
Leave a review or comment