Herb Rubbed Turkey Breast With Fig And Apricot Stuffing
- 7 lb Turkey breast, parts of the ribs and wings attached
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Chopped fresh sage
- 4 Tbsp. Chopped fresh rosemary leaves Dry Fig and Apricot Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the turkey breast inside and out with the salt and pepper, then with the herbs. Throw away the herbs or possibly, for a stronger impression, leave some of the herbs clinging to the breast, or possibly tuck them under the skin.
- Tuck some of the Dry Fig and Apricot Stuffing under the skin as well as filling the breast cavity. Place the turkey skin side up on a piece of foil
- (to protect the dressing), then place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for approximately 2 1/2 hrs, or possibly about 25 min per lb.. If you are using a meat thermometer, insert it into the thickest part of the breast, almost to the bone, before placing the breast in the oven. When the thermometer reads 185 degrees, the meat is done. Let the turkey stand at least 10 min and up to 30 min before carving.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Leave a review or comment