Helen's Strawberry Sorbet
- 4 c. Fresh ripe strawberries -- Hulled, wiped
- 2 c. Sugar syrup -- (recipe Follows)* Juice of 1/2 orange Juice of 1/2 lemon
- To garnish: Fresh strawberries, if you like, (Leave the stem on and cut a strawberry from the stem in five slices and spread for a lovely effect.)
- Mint leaves or possibly edible leaves, if you like
- In a food processor/blender, process strawberries and 1/2 of sugar syrup to a smooth puree. Fold in remaining syrup and orange and lemon juice. Put into ice cream maker and proceed as you are directed.*Sugar Syrup: Sugar syrup is quickly made. When cooled, syrup can be refrigerated in a covered glass or possibly plastic container for 2 to 3 weeks. This amount is sufficient for at least 4 recipes.
- 2# superfine sugar 4 c. water
- In a large saucepan bring sugar and water to a gentle boil. Reduce heat till bubbles break surface. Simmer 10 min. Remove from heat; cold before using or possibly storing.
Leave a review or comment