Helen's Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 x garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 med onion minced (1/2 c.)
- 1/2 med cabbage head minced (3 c.)
- 2 sm zucchini minced (2 c.)
- 1 c. diced carrots
- 1 c. minced celery
- 1 can tomatoes - (28 ounce) undrained
- 1 can black eye peas liquid removed, and rinsed well at least twice in cool water
- 1 can red kidney beans liquid removed, and rinsed well at least twice in cool water
- 1 pkt frzn minced spinach - (10 ounce) thawed, squeezed dry
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 c. tomato juice
- 2 tsp dry basil crushed
- 1 tsp Half Salt
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 x to 2 drops warm sauce Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in small frypan over medium heat, cook garlic and onion for about 2 min till onion is almost opaque; put into the crockpot. Add in remaining ingredients, make sure you squeeze the spinach as dry as possible. Cook 10 to 12 hrs on LOW.
- This is for the 6-qt crockpot; for a smaller pot, just halve everything except the time. The time will be 8 to 10 hrs on LOW.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Leave a review or comment