Heirloom Tomato Salad With Peach And Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- Heirloom Tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
- 1 x nectarine, cut into small wedges
- 1 x peach, cut into small wedges
- 2 sm plum, quartered
- 2 sm apricot, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds, toasted coarse salt baby mesclun greens, to garnish Vinaigrette
- 3 x peach, pitted, and, minced, coarsely
- 2 x jalapeno pepper, seeded, and, finely, minced
- 1/2 c. peach, nectar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey blossom vinegar or possibly 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. grape seed oil salt pepper
- In a stainless steel bowl place tomatoes and fruit. Drizzle with extra virgin extra virgin olive oil, coarse salt and black sesame seeds.
- Vinaigrette:In a saucepot place the peaches, jalapenos, nectar, water and sugar. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for five min. Remove from heat and allow to cold. Place in a blender and puree. Add in honey blossom or possibly rice wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil while blending. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve and adjust seasoning. Chill.
- To Serve:In the centre of a large plate, place a small amount of tomato and fruit salad. Drizzle vinaigrette around the plate and top with a few greens.
Leave a review or comment