Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 3 can Swanson Chicken Broth (14 1/2 ounces each) (5 1/4 c.)
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme leaves crushed
- 1/4 tsp garlic pwdr or possibly 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 c. frzn whole kernel corn
- 1 pkt frzn cut green beans (about 10 ounces) (about 2 c.)
- 1 c. cut-up canned tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery minced (about 1/2 c.)
- 2 c. cubed cooked turkey or possibly chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes.
- 1. In large saucepan mix broth, thyme, garlic pwdr, corn, beans, tomatoes and celery. Over medium-high heat, heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 min or possibly till vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add in turkey and heat through.
- Serves 6.
- TIP: For 2 c. cubed cooked chicken, in medium saucepan over medium heat, in 4 c. boiling water, cook 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed, 5 min or possibly till chicken is no longer pink.
- NOTES : We love soup, that I think you've guessed already. Daily soup.
- This soup idea from Swanson is good with roasted corn off the cob. So grill extra. This soup doesn't need the poultry. It's good with minced red skin potatoes - also roasted on the grill.
- Tip: microwave the corn and/or possibly potatoes - about 2 min shy of the "done" time. Transfer them to a grill: low setting. Use wood chips for more flavor. Cover the grill and "roast" the corn for about 2 min - long sufficient to get a smoky flavor. [PatH]
- Tips: Simmer on the lowest heat for 30 to 60 min. Halve the recipe but use 1 can broth; thin with water.
- Use leftovers; especially grilled corn, potatoes; steamed green beans. Meatless: Substitute potatoes or possibly rice for the turkey.
Leave a review or comment