Healthy Salmon ChowderPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing54 recipes>
Healthy Salmon Chowder is a delicious and easy recipe. It's a creamy and thick recipe that includes: Fresh salmon, cauliflower, carrots, instant potatoes, celery and scallions. ( The instant potatoes give the chowder a thick texture without any heavy cream or butter). It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low sugars, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, gluten-free, diabetic-friendly and Weight watchers (6 PointsPlus) recipe.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 (12 oz) skinned salmon fillet
- 2-1/2 cups frozen cauliflower florets, thawed, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives or scallions, or (1-1/2) tbsp dried chives
- 1-1/3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, or (2 tsp) dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrot and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables just begin to brown (3 to 4 minutes). Add in the broth, water, salmon, cauliflower and chives (or scallions) and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, maintaining a gentle simmer, until salmon is just cooked through, (5 to 8 minutes). Remove salmon to a clean cutting board. Flake into bite-size pieces with a fork.
- Stir potato flakes, dill (or tarragon) and mustard into soup until well blended. Return to a simmer. Add in the salmon and reheat. Season with salt and pepper.
Leave a review or comment