Healthy Nutritious Sooji Seero | HalvaPrep: 5 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 1by thecurrymommy25 recipes>
This traditional Sooji Seero recipe is an easy Indian dessert made with simple ingredients that include soji flour, sugar, milk, nuts, cardamom powder, and ghee. Semolina Durum Wheat Flour is a high protein grain that is commonly used in Indian cooking ranging from savory to sweet recipes. Suji, Sooji, Soji, Semolina, and Rava all refer to the same ingredient and make this delicious treat that is often an offering for religious Hindu holidays. It is also given to new moms to aid postpartum recovery along with breastmilk production. Sooji Seero is also considered a healthy nutritious meal for toddlers.
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1/3 cup sugar (more or less)
- 1 cup warm whole milk
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder or seeds
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pot. Once it is melted add 1/2 cup of semolina to the pot and begin mixing.
- Add the slivered almonds and raisins.
- Continue to mix until the semolina becomes light and airy.
- Being very careful, add the warm milk to the pot.
- Stir well, lower heat to medium-low, and let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Open the lid, add the sugar, combine it well, and close with the lid again.
- Allow the semolina to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Leave a review or comment