Healthy Carrot CakePrep: 240 min Servings: 12by Stacey1 recipe>
This delicious carrot cake is one of the easiest dessert recipes you could make; there isn’t even any baking required. If you’re anything like Shy Strawberry and I then you’ll have a super sweet tooth, and this recipe will be ideal as you can eat a slice (or 3) without the associated guilt. It’s sugar free, but still tastes really sweet and delicious due to the natural sweetness of the carrots. The cashew icing complements and balances against the carrots, so it’s not overly sweet – it’s our new favourite thing. www.mynutricounter.com For a moist, decadent, cake sweetened with natural goodness, this is the healthy and nutritious recipe for you!
- For the carrot cake base:
- 5 cups/900g carrot pulp
- 1 cup/150g raisins
- 1 cup/150g cranberries
- 2 cups/350g pitted dates
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- For the icing:
- 2 cups/300g cashew nuts soaked in 1 cup/250ml coconut water
- 1.5 cups/265g pitted dates
- Optional toppings: carrot, chopped hazelnuts.
- Soak the cashews in the coconut water and leave for at least 1 hour.
- Add all the cake base ingredients to a food processor and mix until combined.
- Add the cake mixture into a cake tin then put the cake in the freezer for approx 2-3 hours.
- Add all the ingredients for the icing into a blender (including the coconut water) and blend until a smooth, thick mixture is formed.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and place on a plate or cake stand.
- Add a layer of icing to the top of the cake then sprinkle with your favourite toppings. (We chose spriralised carrots and chopped hazelnuts.
- Enjoy – no baking required!
Leave a review or comment