Healthy and Easy Vegan beet salad with prunes!Prep: 15 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 2by Helenscooking29 recipes>
Beets are like Cinderella, we think that they are not as delish as they are, we rarely cook them and generally, we think that this it is not essential for us. But in reality, there’s much more to it than we think. Beets provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support.In recent lab studies on human tumor cells, betanin pigments from beets have been shown to lessen tumor cell growth Beets also possess fiber-related benefit, so next time when you pass the beets in a vegetable aisle, grab couple for the salad or soup.
- 2 mid sized beets
- 1/2 cup of pitted prunes(washed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- leaves of parsley (optional)
- Wash and set to boil the beets. Boil the beets for an hour or for as long as it will take the to be cooked (soft inside, check with the knife)
- Wash the prunes and finely chop them . If you donât like the prunes you can use walnuts or you can use both it will be even more delicious.
- Whet the beets are cooked, drain the water, let them cool down and then peel and shred the beets.
- Mix the beet with prunes and add the pressed garlic (optional). Season the salad and add the olive oil. Mix everything very well.
- Serve with the leaves of parsley (optional) to enhance the taste!
- ***Tip from Helen*** If you want the salad to be more creamy and you arenât vegan or vegetarian â then you can add some mayo instead of olive oil!
Leave a review or comment