Happy Apple™ Crisp
Contains NO: wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish or shellfish.
- 6 cups peeled, sliced baking apples (Granny Smith, Macintosh work well)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- Crumble Topping
- 1 box Enjoy Life ® Happy Apple™ cookies, crumbled (approx. 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup margarine or substitute.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Spray 8 or 9 inch square pan with spray oil. Toss apples with lemon juice and set aside. For filling, mix sugar, cinnamon and tapioca flour. Add the apples and mix until coated. Place apples in prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the apples are baking, prepare your crumble topping. In a medium bowl combine crumbled Happy Appleâ¢ cookies and cinnamon. With a fork, cut margarine or substitute into the crumbled cookies and cinnamon mixture until pea size consistency.
- Once the apples are through baking, remove pan from oven and sprinkle with crumble topping. Bake at 400Â°F for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
Leave a review or comment