I like those ham steaks you get at the supermarket, the big ones with the little round bone. I like to grind them up and make burgers. The ham is quite salty, so I start with a 10-minute simmer in water, then cool down and put through my meat grinder. I suppose one could use a food processor, although the texture won't be as fine or smooth.
- 1 ham steak
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Simmer the ham steak in water for 10 minutes to reduce the saltiness.
- Allow to cool and then put through a food grinder or finely mince in a food processor.
- Stir in 1 egg and 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- Using ring molds, shape 2 "burgers"
- Saute in olive oil for about 4 minutes per side, just to heat through and color the outside a bit.
- Serve with mayo or mustard if you wish.
Leave a review or comment