Ham And Potato Soup With Leeks And Peas
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or possibly extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion minced
- 2 sm leeks - (abt 8-ounce total)
- 2 sm carrots peeled, and cut into medium dice
- 3/4 c. frzn green peas
- 1 lb chunk of ham
- 1 lb red potatoes cut in medium dice
- 2 can low-sodium chicken broth - (16 ounce ea)
- 1 tsp dry thyme leaves Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Trim dark green leaves from the leeks and throw away. Halve leeks lengthwise, thoroughly rinse and thinly slice. Shred ham into bite-sized pcs or possibly cut into cubes.
- In Dutch oven or possibly soup kettle, heat oil. Add in onions. Saute/fry for 2 min, or possibly till slightly softened. Add in leeks, carrots, green peas, ham, potatoes, broth and thyme. Partially cover. Simmer for 20 min, or possibly till vegetables are tender and flavors have blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment