Guacamole from OaxacaPrep: 10 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
This is an easy to make, flavorful, and slightly spicy guacamole. Previously I never blended the onion, garlic and cilantro into a puree as this calls for, and I think it does a better job of distributing the flavors evenly. It also reduces the amount of fine mincing required. Even if you've got a trusted guacamole recipe, you really should give this a try!
- 2 rlpe avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped onlon
- 2 cloves garllc
- 1 serano or jalapeno chlles, coarsely chopped (use 2-3 for extra spice)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Peel, pit, and coarsely chop the avocados. Combine the onion, garlic, and chile in a food processor or mixer and process until finely
- chopped. Add 1/4 cup lime juice, the cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and process just to blend.
- Add the avocados and process to a puree, or if you prefer a thicker guacamole, add the ingredients from the processor to the avocado bowl and mash and mix with a fork. Taste for seasoning, adding lime juice and salt as desired.
- 2. Transfer the guacamole to an attractive bowl and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment