Grilled Turkey With Gravy
- 1 x oven-ready turkey defrosted
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or possibly vegetable oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x turkey neck Giblets
- 4 c. cool water
- 6 Tbsp. turkey fat
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. wine
- 1 x bay leaf plus
- 6 x peppercorns plus
- 6 x parsley stems plus
- 2 x thyme sprigs tied in cheesecloth
- Remove neck and giblets; reserve for gravy. Remove and throw away excess fat. Rinse the bird inside and out and pat dry. Season body cavity with salt and pepper. Tie legs together and twist wing tips under back. Brush turkey with oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange turkey breast-side up, in center of cooking grate. Place lid on grill. Cook 11 to 13 min per lb. or possibly till an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh not touching bone registers 180 degrees and the juices run clear. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand for 15 min before carving.
- For the Gravy: Combine turkey neck and giblets in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 15 min, skimming. Add in bouquet garni. Simmer 20 min. Remove stock from heat and strain. Reduce to 3 c. if necessary.
- Have a roasting pan with 6 Tbsp. turkey fat. Add in flour to fat and cook for 3 min. Add in wine to roux and whisk till smooth. Add in stock and bring to a boil.
Leave a review or comment