Grilled Turkey Breast With Apricot Plum Sauce
- 1 x Bone-in (3-to 3 1/2-lb.) turkey breast
- 1 c. Apricot nectar
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Lite soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grnd pepper
- 6 lrg Purple plums or possibly medium peaches, peeled, seeded and minced
- 1 x Fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (up to 2)
- 1/4 c. Chopped green onions
- 1/4 c. Chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. Light brown sugar WEBER Charcoal Kettle or possibly Genesis Gas Barbecue
- Charcoal: Indirect Gas: Indirect/Medium Heat Remove and throw away skin from turkey breast. Place turkey in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag or possibly shallow baking dish. Combine apricot nectar and next 4 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Remove and chill 3/4 c. marinade.
- Pour remaining marinade over turkey, turning to coat; seal bag or possibly cover, and chill overnight, turning turkey occasionally.
- Combine 1/4 c. reserved marinade, plums, and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cover and chill at least 1 hour. Remove turkey from marinade; throw away marinade. Place turkey in center of cooking grate over a drip pan; grill 1 1/2 to 2 hrs or possibly till an instant-read meat thermometer registers 170 , brush occasionally with remaining 1/2 c. reserved marinade; let stand 10 min before slicing. Serve with chilled plum mix.
Leave a review or comment