Grilled Sweet And Hot Sausage With Grilled Onion Marmalade
- 3 x Red onions sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x Garlic clove finely minced
- 1 sm Jalapeno pepper finely diced
- 1 c. Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. Creme de cassis
- 1/4 c. Grenadine
- 1/4 c. Red wine
- 1/4 c. Coarsely minced parsley
- 2 x Red peppers grilled, quartered, and seeded
- 1 lb Warm Italian sausage halved vertically, then quartered
- 1 lb Sweet Italian sausage halved vertically, then quartered
- 4 x Hoagie rolls
- Preheat grill.
- Brush the onions with 1 Tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper and grill till lightly brown. Remove from the grill and slice thinly.
- Heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in the onions, garlic, and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute. Add in the vinegar, cassis, grenadine, red wine and reduce till the liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat, add in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill sausages. Serve at room temperature. Each sandwich gets sausage, red pepper and marmalade on a hogie.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "Grilled Sweet And Warm Sausage With Grilled Onion Marmalade And Red Peppers".
Leave a review or comment