Grilled Squid And Sweet Onion Salad
- 8 x plum tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbsp. pure extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 16 whl squid cleaned Extra virgin olive oil as needed Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 lrg sweet onions - (Walla Walla, Vidalia) peeled, and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 x poblano pepper roasted, peeled, seeded and minced
- 6 x roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 3/4 c. pure extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 lb arugula
- 1 lb frisee Grilled Squid Grilled Onions Green Chile Vinaigrette Roasted Tomatoes
- 12 x fresh mint leaves cut chiffonade
- Roasted Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub the tomatoes with the extra virgin olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 min, or possibly till soft. Remove seeds and dice.
- Grilled Squid: Preheat grill or possibly grill pan. Brush squid with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the squid for 3 min on each side. Cut into 2-inch pcs. Brush the onions with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 min on each side till almost tender.
- Green Chile Vinaigrette: Place pepper, garlic and vinegar in a blender and blend till smooth. With the motor running, slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil till emulsified. Add in the honey and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Assembly: Combine the greens, squid and onions in a large bowl and toss with some of the vinaigrette. Place on a large platter and top with the tomatoes and fresh mint. Drizzle with additional dressing.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment