Grilled Sea Bass With A Portuguese Sauce
- 4 sm Whole sea bass - (abt 3/4 to 1 lb ea)
- 4 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil divided see * Note
- 1/2 c. Minced onions
- 1 c. Peeled, seeded, minced Roma tomatoes
- 1/3 c. Pitted black olives
- 1 c. Fresh fava beans blanched, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 2 tsp Chopped anchovy fillets
- 1 Tbsp. Finely-minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 c. White wine
- 1 stk Butter cut into Tbsp. Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Finely-minced parsley
- Preheat the grill.
- Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across each fish at an angle. Rub each fish with 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and season with Emeril's Essence. Place the fish on the warm grill and grill for 4 to 5 min on each side, depending on the weight of each fish.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is warm, saute/fry the onions for 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes, black olives and fava beans. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 2 min. Stir in the garlic, anchovies, fresh herbs and white wine. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2 min. Mix in the butter, a Tbsp. at a time. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce in the center of an oblong plate. Lay the fish directly on top of the sauce. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment