Grilled Sea Bass, Mango, Grapefruit And Avocado Salad
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. ancho chili pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh oregano
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 c. grapefruit juice
- 8 x sea bass fillets - (5 to 6 ounce ea)
- 1/4 c. grapefruit juice plus
- 2 Tbsp. grapefruit juice
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 10 c. mixed baby greens
- 2 x pink grapefruits peeled, and cut into segments
- 2 lrg mangoes peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 x avocado peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- Fish: Place first 6 ingredients in processor till almost smooth. Add in juice and blend well. Season spice mix with salt pepper. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Rub the spice mix over each fillet. Chill 2 hrs.
- Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 min on each side.
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad: Place greens in a large bowl and drizzle with some of the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat, divide among 8 plates. Arrange grapefruit segments and mangoes atop greens and drizzle with some of the dressing; place 1 fish fillet along each salad. Top fish with avocado.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment