Grilled Salmon with Tomatoes and Cilantro SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Salad Foodie383 recipes>
A dear friend prepared this for us and it's become our prized way of enjoying salmon fillets. She calls it Salmon Supreme, but I call it Salmon Divine! Tomatoes, onion, garlic and cilantro cook down to make the savory sauce for grilled salmon. Serve atop your choice of rice or pasta and add a side of bright vegetables or salad.
- 4 salmon fillets, 4 to 6 ounces each
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped (plus additional sprigs to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste and other herb seasonings as desired
- Cooked rice or spaghetti (optional)
- Have vegetables chopped and ready (see photos). Preheat grill, then begin making sauce:
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro and lemon. Increase heat as needed to begin cooking, stirring occasionally; simmer uncovered until onions are cooked and sauce is reduced, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile grill salmon to be ready when sauce is reduced.
- To serve place cooked rice or spaghetti on each plate. Arrange salmon fillets on top. Spoon a generous portion of sauce over all and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Leave a review or comment