Grilled Salmon With Lentils And Curried Mint Yogurt
- 8 ounce dry lentils
- 8 x baby artichokes, halved
- 2 x lemons, halved
- 2 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounce fresh spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- 16 x Kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 ounce plain yogurt, liquid strained
- 3 tsp curry pwdr
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh mint, minced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 4 x 6-oz salmon filets, skin removed salt and pepper to taste vegetable spray, as needed
- 4 ounce chicken or possibly vegetable stock
- 1. Wash lentils in a fine mesh strainer. Place in pot of 1-qt cold, salted water and bring to a simmer. Cook till tender, drain and reserve on a sheet pan.
- 2. Clean artichokes by removing the tough outer leaves and stem. Cook in salted water with 2 lemon halves. Bring to a simmer and cook till tender, but not falling apart.
- 3. Shock artichokes in ice water and when cooked, drain and sprinkle with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Reserve.
- 4. Rough cut spinach and reserve.
- For sauce:1. Strain yogurt overnight in a fine mesh strainer or possibly cheesecloth in order to remove liquid. Whisk in curry, mint and honey.
- To assemble:1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and liberally spray the fish with vegetable spray. Spray clean grill surface with vegetable spray. Cook on both sides till the fish is slightly translucent/soft in the center.
- 2. In a warm saute/fry pan, put 1 oz of extra virgin olive oil; add in the lentils, baby artichokes, olives and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and moisten with chicken stock a little at a time till mix is warm.
- 3. Place lentil mix in the middle of the plate, place artichokes and olives around and lay the fish on top of the lentils. Drizzle curry mint yogurt sauce over the fish.
- Matthew Leonard, Chef de Cuisine Wright's at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa
Leave a review or comment