Grilled Salmon With Black Bean Corn Relish
- 5 c. chicken stock
- 1 lb black beans soaked overnight
- 12 x fresh thyme sprigs tied with string
- 3 Tbsp. Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce divided
- 1 x bay leaf
- 3 3/4 lb salmon fillet skinned
- 3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 c. finely-minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 4 x ears fresh corn shucked, grilled or possibly roasted till tender, cut off cobs
- 2 x red bell peppers diced
- 2 x yellow bell peppers diced
- 1 1/2 c. sliced green onions
- 1 med red onion diced
- 6 Tbsp. butter - (3 ounce)
- Mix stock, beans, thyme, 1 1/2 tsp. Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce and bay leaf in large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer till beans are tender, about 1 hour. Drain; remove thyme and bay leaf. Cover loosely and cold.
- Cut salmon into twelve 5-oz portions; arrange on sheet pan. Whisk extra virgin olive oil, cilantro, 1 1/2 tsp. Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce, mustard, 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper till blended. Pour over salmon; cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Mix cooked beans with corn, bell peppers, green onions and red onion. Heat butter in large saute/fry pan over high heat. Add in remaining 2 Tbsp. Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt and the black bean mix, saute/fry till vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Grill or possibly boil salmon. Serve with Black Bean-Corn Relish.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Leave a review or comment