Grilled Salmon And Pickled Beet Coulis
- 3 med beets
- 1/3 c. pickling spice
- 2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 5 c. water
- 4 med Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 sprg rosemary
- 4 x 7 ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clv garlic, minced
- 2 bn spinach, cleaned
- Preheat a grill on medium-high heat.
- Wash, peel and quarter the beets and transfer to a medium pot with the pickling spice, balsamic vinegar and water.
- Bring to a boil and cook till very tender, about 45 min.
- Meanwhile, season the potato slices and grill till cooked, about 3 to 4 min per side.
- Make skewers by removing the leaves of the rosemary sprigs except for the leaves at the very top.
- Skewer the potatoes with the rosemary skewers. Keep hot.
- Season the salmon and grill till cooked, about 3 to 5 min per side.
- Once the beets are cooked, remove from the cooking liquid and transfer to a blender.
- Strain the liquid and add in approximately 1/4 c. to the beets.
- Add in the honey.
- Puree till smooth.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle and reserve.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large saute/fry pan and add in the garlic.
- Saute/fry till golden brown, about 1 minute and add in the spinach.
- Heat till just wilted and season.
- Assembly:Decorate the plate with lines of the beet coulis, place the spinach on the plate beside the coulis, and then put the salmon on top of the spinach.
- Perch potato skewers on top of the salmon.
- Yield is 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment