Grilled Red Snapper With Pesto
- 1 c. Loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 c. Tightly packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 sm Shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 sm Clove garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Red snapper fillets, (8-oz) Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 lrg Tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl, and add in basil leaves, parsley sprigs, salt, pepper, shallot, and garlic. Process till finely minced.
- With processor running, slowly pour lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil through food chute, blending till smooth.
- Place fillets in a shallow dish. Spread 1 Tbsp. basil mix over both sides of fillets, and cover and refrigeratefor 30 min. Set aside the remaining basil mix.
- Arrange fillets in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray, and place on grill rack over medium-warm coals. Cook 4 min on each side or possibly till fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
- NOTES : Cut each fillet in half, and place on individual serving plates.
- Garnish each fillet with 1 Tbsp. basil mix and 2 tomato wedges.
Leave a review or comment